Established in July 2012, the Collaborative Innovation Center of Assessment for Basic Education Quality at Beijing Normal University is the first and the only national collaborative innovation center in the fields of pedagogy and psychology in China that has been approved by the Ministry of Education.
The Center is committed to: build a national basic education quality monitoring system with Chinese characteristics and international comparability, accomplish the annual national compulsory education quality monitoring work with high quality, ‘grasp the pulse’ of the basic education quality across the country in a scientific, accurate and timely manner, promote scientific education management and decision-making, guide the public society to develop and practice the scientific concept of education quality, promote the continuous improvement of basic education quality, promote the comprehensive healthy development of hundreds of millions of children and teenagers, fully improve the overall level of human resource development, and lay a solid foundation for building a strong nation of education and human resources.
Vacant positions, responsibilities, and requirements
Position: postdoctoral fellow
Number of positions: 2
Postdoctoral Recruitment Categories:
Category B postdoctoral fellows of Beijing Normal University, who must meet the general qualifications of the state postdoctoral fellowship selection. Salary, welfare benefits, and other expenses during the fellowship will be borne by the cooperating supervisors’ funding.
1. Applicants must obtain a doctorate degree from a well-known university or research institution at home and abroad, with sufficient research achievements and potential for research innovation.
2. Applicants must keep a firm political stance, be physically and mentally healthy, be under the age of 35, have obtained a doctoral degree for no more than three years, and work full-time at Beijing Normal University after being recruited.
3. Applicants should have disciplinary background of, and research experience in brain science/educational psychology/science education/SSI-based education/STEM education or other related fields, with solid theoretical knowledge and proficient academic and research skills. Diligence, clear thinking, and strong writing skills are highly required. Applicants should also have a good sense of teamwork and ability to work independently.
4. Applicants should have high quality research output in related fields in the past five years, and meet one of the following requirements:
1) Leading research projects at the provincial and ministerial level or above, and having achieved significant progress;
2) Having high-quality publication of original research results as the first or corresponding author;
3) Playing a leading role or as major actor (ranked in the top three) in research outputs or plans that have received official approval from the provincial and ministerial administration or above, or that have had direct impact on policy making of the provincial and ministerial administration or above, where clarification shall be made between the applicant’s specific research results and policy content.
Responsibilities of position No.1:
The candidate will participate in a project funded by the National Natural Science Foundation of China, which studies the cognition and brain mechanism of students’ scientific modeling. It aims to investigate the cognition and brain mechanism of primary and middle school students’ scientific modeling through human-computer interaction cognitive diagnosis, physiological and psychological measurement, and EEG data, so as to provide a scientific basis to improve the scientific literacy of primary and middle school students. The candidate will play a central role in this project, contributing to the design, diagnosis, and revelation of students’ science learning patterns.
Responsibilities of position No.2:
The candidate will focus on the research of socio-scientific issues teaching and learning, follow the lead of cooperating supervisors, collaborate with domestic and foreign experts and domestic primary and middle school teams, carry out research on interdisciplinary integrated learning based on socio-scientific issues, and provide effective models and strategies for the development of primary and middle school students’ scientific literacy. The candidate will play a central role in this project, contributing to the design and implementation of socio-scientific issues learning resources, and empirically refining the theory and practice of socio-scientific issues teaching and learning suitable for China.
Selection methods and procedures
Open recruitment at home and abroad, through individual application, qualification review, interview, physical examination, HR department approval and other steps. Only the best candidates shall be recruited.
Employment and remuneration
Remuneration package: The remuneration standard for category B postdoctoral fellows starts at 180,000 yuan per year (before tax).
1. CV (including detailed academic resume, work and organizational management experience, etc.)
2. Abstract of doctoral dissertation
3. Representative academic achievements (electronic version), research project certification materials (electronic version)
4. A brief research plan
5. A copy of the doctoral degree certificate (fresh graduates can submit after graduation)
How to apply
Please email the application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate the name of application documents and email subject as “Postdoctoral Recruitment + Applicant’s Name”.